Perl is a high level, dynamic & interpreted programming language widely used around the world. It has many features similar to C, C++, Shell and awk. It was designed by Larry Wall in 1987. It is popularly used in Bioinformatics, network programming and system administration.
Some advantages that Perl has to offer are as follow:
- Cross Platform: Perl runs on multiple platforms
- Large collection of modules
- Fast and Efficient text manipulations
- Uses dynamic memory allocation in an easy manner
- Combines best features of other programming languages