PHP programming language started in 1994 with Rasmus Lerdorf as a developer. It works as a back-end of web pages on server softwares such as Apache, Microsoft IIS etc.
Large organizations to small firms, all use PHP. Facebook, Yahoo, Google were written in PHP. Programmers Alliance is also based on PHP.
Few advantages that PHP has to offer over other scripting languages are as follow:
- Syntax: PHP syntax is similar to C / C++
- Compatibility: PHP runs on both UNIX and Windows
- Output buffering: PHP has powerful output buffering that increases over the output flow
- Object Oriented: PHP5 is object oriented programming language
- Easy learning curve: It is easy to learn and implement.